Looking for the best apple cinnamon muffins / cupcakes recipe using wholewheat flour? You have come to the right place!
I have experimented with many recipes but this one turned out to be the best as the aroma of the freshly baked cupcakes filled the entire house and they were really very delicious. The texture was just perfect, neither too moist not too dry. And my two-and-a-half-year-old absolutely relished it. So did I 🙂
Now, before I proceed, please let me tell you that my oven overheats and I bake at a lower temperature. So If your oven works just perfect, just use the temperature setting for a regular muffin recipe. I baked at 170° C instead of 190° C and it turned out to be perfect!
Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Muffins Recipe
1 cup (minus two teaspoons) whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup grated apples
1/4 cup butter (I used regular salted Amul butter)
1/2 cup sugar / powdered jaggery (1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar give best results)
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (lesser if you have a stronger extract)
1. Preheat oven to 190° C / 375° F.
2. Prepare muffin moulds / tins / cupcake liners by gently coating with butter or oil. Skip this step if you have non-stick / silicon moulds / tins.
3. Beat an egg. Add to it butter, sugar, milk, vanilla extract and grated apples. Mix well.
4. Preferably in a separate bowl, mix whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Add the wet mix (point 3 above) to the dry mixture (point 4 above) and gently fold all the ingredients together. DO NOT OVERMIX at this stage at all. It is okay to have a few lumps.
6. Scoop the mixture into the muffin cups (filling about 2/3.)
7. Bake for 10 minutes and keep an eye for them to turn slightly golden brown. It might take a couple of minutes more depending on your oven. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
8. Carefully remove the muffin moulds from the oven and let them cool a bit.
Enjoy warm or cold.
COATING: You can coat them with a Butter and 1:1 Cinnamon + Sugar mixture but I couldn’t wait to eat 🙂
Let me know if you try and like this Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe.