Have you tried making sweet churi from leftover rotis / chapatis? It is a sweet, a little healthy and yummy Indian dish enjoyed by kids and all!
Here’s the recipe:
1. 4 leftover / freshly made rotis / chapatis / phulkas (keep refrigerated at night if leftover after dinner).
2. Break them in small pieces and then grind them to make smaller pieces as per your liking.
3. Heat 2/3 tablespoons of ghee / clarified butter (oil or butter, preferably unsalted, if you don’t have ghee).
4. Add a pinch of crushed cardamom.
5. Add the ground roti and roast for 3-5 mins on medium flame.
6. If making for toddlers, add dry fruits powder (cashews, almonds, walnuts). Add crushed or full roasted dry fruits if making for adults.
7. Throw in some raisins and pieces of soft dates if you like and if your kids can chew.
8. Reduce the flame and add 3 or more tbsp of jaggery / jaggery powder.
9. Mix in for a couple of minutes.
That’s it. Cool it and enjoy!!! This is the perfect idea if your kid refuses the rotis you make. It worked wonders for my picky 2-year-old toddler.
Ladoos from rotis: Grind the entire mixture for a few pulses in a mixer grinder and everything will combine in fine / little coarse form. Make laddoos out of it ❤️ Mishika had 3 mini laddoos made from half the churi amount and I ate the entire thing 😀
1. You can skip any ingredient except the rotis, ghee and jaggery (use sugar or dates if you don’t have jaggery).
2. Add spices or your liking like cinnamon powder or nutmeg for different flavours.
3. Make a salted version instead for a savoury snack instead.
➡️ FOLLOW @momandideas on Instagram
Do drop in your comment if you find this recipe interesting or try it 🙂