I made these yummy beetroot cutlets / burger patties just now! I didn’t expect that I’ll be able to do it but I managed to completely eliminate the raw flavour of beetroot. Yay! Experimented with a unique combination of spices and achieved the best flavour ever.
Here’s the Beetroot Cutlet / Patty Recipe ❤️ Save for future reference! Do share if you like it.
2 large grated and boiled beetroots
2 large boiled potatoes
2 bread slices broken into fine pieces / coarsely powdered based on the texture you like
Salt to taste
1 pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (I forgot adding)
1/2 tsp chat masala
1/2 tsp oregano (that’s the twist, but you can skip)
1/2 tsp chilli powder / sliced green chillies (I don’t use as Mishika doesn’t eat spicy food
1. Remove excess water from boiled beetroots. Save it to add in anything else later or for food colouring / to colour any homemade play dough for kids.
2. Mix and mash beetroots and potatoes.
3. Mix well all the other ingredients.
4. Taste at this stage and adjust the flavours as per your liking.
5. Shape the cutlets / patties.
6. Coat them with semolina or bread crumbs.
7. Shallow fry on medium flame till the surface becomes a little brownish and crisp.
8. Remove on absorbent paper / kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
9. Alternatively, bake it!
PS Use any combination of spices available at your location but the bread and oregano does the trick!
Enjoy with ketchup / chutney / dips of your choice!
Do comment below if you like or try this recipe!