This Saturday, I planned a FUN AND LEARN ACTIVITY with my 2 1/2 year old! We really enjoyed it and it was so easy to set up.
Two Activities/Games, Same Preparation:
1. LAND AND WATER
FOR LAND AND WATER ACTIVITY:
1. Use the alphabet foam sheets to make land and water patches. (You can use any other alphabet toys that can be stepped upon or simply draw on the floor / paper.)
2. Join them with extra foam tiles to make bridges if your toddler is very small.
3. Explain the concept of land, water and importance of bridges.
4. Tell them to go to land or water alternately.
5. Bonus learning – Sizes: Make land patches of different sizes and tell them to jump (walk if kids are still to learn jumping) to small, big, bigger and biggest land.
6. Over a period of time, increase the distance and encourage jumping without stepping on water.
FOR TWISTER FAMILY ACTIVITY:
Say aloud different letters and numbers and ask them to step on certain letters and place hands on others for a fun family activity. Just follow the concept of twister game (Google it if you are not aware of this).